Barbie has long been a popular doll with kids across the map. Those who have a collection of Barbie dolls often find that half the fun is dressing them up!
Whether you’re looking to save money on store-bought options or can’t wait to create your own look for Barbie, DIY Barbie doll clothes can be a fun project! They don’t take long to create, plus you get the pleasure of making your own creative designs.
These DIY Barbie doll clothes include a top and a skirt that are simple yet fashionable. Taking time to create DIY Barbie doll clothes is a great way to pass the time and can be given as one-of-a-kind gifts when birthdays and holidays roll around, as well.
Before you fire the sewing machine up, you’ll want to ensure you have the following items in place. You’ll need:
With these items in place, you’re ready to start getting creative.
1. Trace around all of the clothing patterns with a fabric marker.
2. Cut out the pieces using fabric scissors.
3. Pin the front and back pieces for the top at the shoulder seams. Make sure the right sides are aligned.
4. Stitch the pieces together.
5. Sew the collar pieces together and trim the seam allowance before turning it right side out.
6. Iron the top and collar smooth.
7. Cut embellishment trim to length and attach it according to preference to the top using fabric glue.
8. Pin the collar to the center back of the top.
9. Stitch the collar in place before stitching the side seams.
10. Hem the edges of the top.
11. Add gathering stitches to the skirt piece of fabric.
12. Use fabric glue to attach the gathered skirt to an elastic waistband.
13. When the glue is dry, sew the waistband to the skirt.
14. Sew the center back seam of the skirt.
Your Barbie doll outfit is ready to be enjoyed!
Creating your own Barbie doll clothes is fun and a great way to put your creativity to use. Make sure to send us pictures of your finished product to display on our Facebook and Instagram pages when you’re done! If you’re looking for materials to get started on this project, get in touch with us at Goldstar Tool.