DIY Eye Mask!
A little self-care goes a long way, and a DIY eye mask is an easy way to pamper yourself right at home. It doesn’t take much more than a sewing machine to bring this simple yet sensational accessory together.
A DIY eye mask is a great project if you happen to have extra fabric lying around the craft room. It’s also an incredibly thoughtful gift to add to a care basket for a special occasion. Soft, stylish, and adjustable, this mask will quickly become a must-have when you’re looking for a therapeutic moment or two.
What You’ll Need to Make a Great Eye Mask
To make your own DIY eye mask, you’ll need:
- Eye-catching outer and inner fabric
- Matching thread
- Eye mask template
- Padding fleece
- Sewing machine
Before you fire up the sewing machine and get on your way, you’ll want to make sure you have the supplies in place to make creating this eye mask as easy as possible.
- Cut two pieces of identical outer fabric and a piece of padding fleece using the pattern as a size guide.
- Cut a 15-inch length of elastic.
- Attach a toggle to the elastic, so the final strap is adjustable.
- Position one of the outer fabric pieces on top of the padding fleece.
- Lay the elastic strap across the outer fabric, so the ends are aligned on either side.
- Place the second piece of outer fabric right side down on top. Allow the elastic band and toggle to stick out the top of the fabric pile.
- Pin around all three layers of the eye mask, leaving a 2-inch gap at the toggle.
- Sew around the parameter of the eye mask using a 3/8 inch seam allowance and a backstitch at the beginning and end.
- Once the seam allowance is trimmed down, turn the eye mask right side out.
- Push out the corners and use an iron to press the mask flat, avoiding the elastic.
- Close the gap at the top of the mask with a slip stitch before wearing it!
Whether you keep this restorative accessory for yourself or gift it to a loved one, it shows a lot in the way of appreciation. This eye mask is a good way to make self-care part of your daily routine.
When you need the materials to get this eye mask underway, reach out to Goldstar Tool. We’d also love to see your finished product on Instagram and Facebook when it’s ready to wear.